Pune University Latest News – Savitribai Phule Pune University has given a big relief to the students who failed in the summer session examination. Based on certain conditions, students will be able to take admission in the next class, which will directly benefit thousands of students from about 800 colleges affiliated to the university. Deputy Chancellor of Education Department Dr. Munjaji Rasve has released a circular in this regard.
After Corona, the academic schedule of the university is still collapsed, students are facing endless difficulties from the completion of the session to the examination. Students have to face stress due to short syllabus, little time for exam preparation and back to back exams. Due to this, there was a possibility of educational loss for many students.
The university has given this great relief to the students who are in such trouble. Akshay Jain, general secretary of Maharashtra Pradesh Youth Congress, who is agitating in this regard, says, ‘Since last month, we have been demanding from the university through agitation.
Finally, keeping in mind the interest of the students, the university has accepted our demand.”
- Students who fail in the first year will be admitted to the fifth semester of the third year or wherever applicable. For this, an undertaking has to be submitted to the college.
- Students who failed in second year will get provisional admission for seventh semester of fourth year
- Failed students are required to complete the study, demonstrations, homework etc. of the relevant subject along with the regular students
- In winter examination 2023 (October) the student must pass the relevant subject only then they will be eligible for the next year.
- Provisional admission of students who fail in winter session will be automatically cancelled
- Students should contact colleges for more information
What will be the benefit?
- Students will not lose the academic year
- Students can score more marks due to re-opportunity
- Educational loss of students will be avoided
- Study will get more time
This decision has been taken in the interest of the students. So that the academic loss of the studying students can be avoided without wasting a year. Even so, students should study carefully. Failure in the winter session will result in forfeiture of tuition fees and the year as well.
– Dr. Manohar Chaskar, Dean, Faculty of Science and Technology, Savitribai Phule Pune University